For this xdrive photo lesson Raj introduces the reader to raw photography as well as explores the advantages and disadvantages of setting the camera to raw.
Some of the disadvantages of using raw are:
- size of files and required storage space
- requires editing
- sluggish burst mode
- software required to process files and convert to jpg
- sharing images while traveling
On the positive side, raw images allow the photographer to:
- recover areas in the image that may be over or under exposed.
- easily adjust white balance.
- make use of high-end image editing software
- ensure that original raw images are not destroyed during the editing process.
Nikon D750 f/7.1 1/400s 35 mm ISO 400
The second set of images were created using:
Nikon D750 f/6.3 1/6s 40 mm ISO 400