Today, is one week shy of my year-long photo study project! I began this blogging journey with the intention to explore, experiment, and learn about various aspects of photography.
Through the unparalleled sharing of knowledge Ted Forbes’ offered through his YouTube videos, The Art of Photography, I was able to set out learning about the basics of composition within photography: the rules of thirds, odds, and space; as well as, the elements of lines, shape, simplification, negative space, repeating patterns, sub framing, and triangles. And from this ground work we explored perspective, seeing, low and high angles, tone, color theory, and the characteristics of light.
- Bruce Perry @ https://www.brucepercy.co.uk
- Howard Becker @ http://www.howardsbecker.com
- Ralph Gibson @ https://youtu.be/2S9NkO8Jf-A
- A Karr & M Wood, The Practice of Contemplative Photography
- James Maher @ https://digital-photography-school.com/ultimate-guide-street-photography/
- Dan K @ https://www.japancamerahunter.com/2015/08/a-learning-framework-for-photography/
Was there a specific topic or post that you enjoyed the most, the most beneficial, the most challenging? I would enjoy seeing 1-7 of the images you created during the past year. Let’s tag with #aphotostudy.